3i-D Yoti CitizenCard FREE Application Scheme was created in conjunction with East Sussex County Council. 3i-D cards can be used to prove age and ID e.g. when going to the cinema, traveling or in shops. The cards also offer bus discounts in East Sussex.
You can apply online (limited to some schools / colleges) or with a paper application.
Please note that 3i-D cards are only for those aged 11-19 who live, study or work in East Sussex. If you do not meet these criteria, you can apply for a CitizenCard online instead.
PASS Proof of Age + Yoti Digital ID + Use on Local Buses
- PASS - the Home Office, police and all UK retailers recognise this hologrammed card as valid ID
- Yoti digital ID proves your age and identity online and in person at thousands of convenience stores
- Discounted travel on East Sussex buses
3i-D cards are available in the following age-bands: '16-19' and 'Under 16'. '16-19' 3i-D card is valid until the 31 August after a cardholder turns 19 e.g. if a cardholder turns 19 on 1 September 2020 then the card is valid until 31 August 2021. 'Under 16' 3i-D card is valid until the 31 August after a cardholder turns 16 e.g. if a cardholder turns 16 on 1 September 2020 then the card is valid until 31 August 2021. The card can be upgraded to a 16-19 card as soon as a cardholder turns 16 (new application needed).
To apply online for a 3i-D card you need:
- your school / college Unique Organisation Code (UOC), if your school is not on the list you will need to apply on paper
- the Authorised Verifier at school/ college to confirm your details from your official records
- to upload your passport quality photo in digital format (it must meet our photo requirements)
When applying please check who the Authorised Verifier at your school / college is. Then you can speak to them if needed. Applicants need to be fully enrolled at the school / college to verify the application. So this check may not happen until the start of a new academic year.
When your application is verified by the Authorised Verifier you should receive an email. After that it normally takes 21 days to produce and send the card.
Every application for a CitizenCard needs to be verified before a card is issued. When you apply online, verification takes place both during and after. If you submit more than one application at once, we may reject your application and ban from applying again.