A CitizenCard is an official UK ID / proof of age card recognised as such by the Home Office, the Chartered Trading Standards Institute and almost all UK retailers and public transport providers including UK airlines. The adult 18+ photo ID card displays the police and the Security Industry Authority logos and all CitizenCards bear the PASS hologram.
A Standard application costs £15 and takes 21 days (card posted by Royal Mail 2nd class); an Urgent application costs £30 and takes 1-2 working days (subject to verification; card posted by Special Delivery guaranteed Next Day by 1pm).
In addition to the CitizenCard ID we also offer a Yoti CitizenCard, which can be used to create your identity on the free Yoti app. This means you'll have a physical ID card and the ability to create ID on your mobile. You can select which type of card you require during the paperless online application process.
All CitizenCards display one of the following age bands relevant to your age at the time we send your card:
- Under 16
Bearing the PASS hologram the CitizenCard is well-established as the UK’s most widely-recognised ID card. Even if you have a passport or driving licence, keep those IDs safe at home and apply for a CitizenCard for everyday ID and proof of age needs.
You can use CitizenCard for:
- home shopping (including purchasing alcohol and tobacco)
- starting work or for a job interview
- accessing housing services or claiming benefits
- playing the lottery or buying scratchcards
- renting a new home
- visiting prisons
- purchasing videos (DVDs or Blu-Ray discs) and computer games
- applying for a UK driving licence (as evidence of your identity)
- visiting the bookies, bingo or casino
- entry to nightclubs, bars and pubs
- entry to festivals
- travel and domestic flights (including British Overseas Territories like Channel Islands)
- any other age-restricted entry or purchase
If we issue you with a CitizenCard it remains our legal property. You can use it if you are the lawful cardholder for the permitted purposes of proving your identity or your age.
If you require the ‘next’ age band card (e.g. you are 17 but want an 18+ UK ID card) you must either select the required age band when you apply online or attach a cover note to your application form explaining which age band you would like.
Read more about features of the CitizenCard.