CitizenCards are available in 3 age categories: '18+' for adults, '16-17' for young people over 16 and 'Under 16' for children. We offer two replacement types for all age categories - in addition to the CitizenCard ID we also offer the Yoti CitizenCard, which can be used to create your identity on the free Yoti app. This means you'll have a physical ID card and the ability to create ID on your mobile. You can select which type of card you require during the application process.
If we issued you with a CitizenCard it remains our legal property. You have the right, as the lawful cardholder, to use the ID card for the purpose of proving age and identity in the UK. You must at all times keep the card safe and minimise the possibility of it being lost, stolen or damaged. If your card is mislaid you should endeavour to find it.
Have you lost your CitizenCard?
Try to recall when your ID card was issued or contact us for this information. If your card has been issued after March 2009, start a CitizenCard replacement application below.
Is your card damaged or worn ?
Start your application below and send your damaged ID card to us together with your application form.
Would you like to renew your existing card ?
CitizenCards do not expire, however you can renew your UK photo ID if:
- you wish to obtain a higher age band card, because you turned 16 or 18
- your appearance has changed
- your name has legally changed (a Marriage Certificate or Change of Name Deed will be required)
- you want to get a Yoti CitizenCard
- Standard Application
- Costs £12 and takes 21 days. Card posted by Royal Mail 2nd class post
- Urgent Application
- Costs £25 and takes 1-2 working days. Card posted by Special Delivery guaranteed Next Day by 1pm
If your card was issued before March 2009 then a replacement card cannot be issued and you have to submit a fresh application online.
If you wish to apply for a higher age band before you actually reach the age, for example if you are 17 but wish to apply for an 18+ UK ID card, you must confirm this either:
- by selecting the required age band when you apply online
- or by attaching a note to your application form explaining that you wish to receive a card in the next age band.
The card in this case will be issued only on the date or after your actual birthday. If we are not informed about the age band you wish to use, we will produce a card which displays the age band applicable to you at the time of despatch.