If we issued you with a CitizenCard it remains our legal property. You have the right, as the lawful cardholder, to use the card for the purpose of proving age and identity. You must at all times keep the card safe and minimise the possibility of it being lost, stolen or damaged. If your card is mislaid you should endeavour to find it.
Have you lost your card?
Try to recall when your card was issued or contact us for this information. If your card has been issued after March 2009, submit your application below.
Is your card damaged or worn ?
Submit your application below and send your damaged card to us with your application form.
Would you like to renew your existing card ?
CitizenCards do not expire, however you can renew your card if:
- you wish to obtain a higher age-band card, because you turned 16 or 18
- your appearance has changed
- your name has legally changed (a Marriage Certificate or Change of Name Deed will be required)
If your card was issued before March 2009 then a replacement card cannot be issued and you have to submit a fresh application here.
If you wish to apply for a higher age-band before you actually reach the age, for example if you are 17 but wish to apply for an 18+ card, you must confirm this either:
- by selecting the required age-band when you apply online
- or by attaching a note to your application form explaining that you wish to receive a card in the next age-band.
The card in this case will be issued only on the date or after your actual birthday. If we are not informed about the age-band you wish to use, we will produce a card which displays the age-band applicable to you at the time of despatch.