Try to recall when your CitizenCard was issued or contact us for this information. If your ID card has been issued after October 2009, start your application below.
You can apply for a replacement CitizenCard if:
- you lost your CitizenCard
- your CitizenCard is damaged
- you wish to obtain a higher age band UK photo ID, because you turned 16 or 18
- your appearance has changed
- your CitizenCard has expired (CitizenCards issued before 7th January 2021 do not expire; all CitizenCards printed from 7th January 2021 onwards expire 3 years after issuing)
- your name has legally changed (a Marriage Certificate, Court Order or Change of Name Deed will be required)
- you would like to get a Yoti CitizenCard
How to apply for your Replacement CitizenCard?
- 1. Start your online application by using "Start Replacement ID application" button below.
- 2. "Create Your Account" online (complete a registration form and activate your account) or "Log in" to your CitizenCard online account if you already have one.
- 3. Go to "Apply Online", use "Apply for a replacement card" button, complete the online Replacement application and make a payment.
- 4. Upload your new photo (optional) and, if needed, any documents required.
- 5. Submit your application for processing.
- 6. We post your photo ID card to you after the application is verified and your identity checked.
- Standard Application
- Costs £12 and takes 21 days. Card posted by Royal Mail 2nd class post.
- Urgent Application
- Costs £25 and takes 1-2 working days. Card posted by Royal Mail Tracked 24 (next day delivery).
Please note for Urgent applications all required information must be received by 12pm for the application process to start that day.
If your card was issued before October 2009 then a replacement card cannot be issued and you have to submit a fresh application.
For information on how to get a CitizenCard the same day you apply, please read about our Same Day ID Service.
Never had a CitizenCard?
If you wish to apply for a higher age band before you actually reach the age, for example if you are 17 but wish to apply for an 18+ UK ID card, you must confirm this either:
- by selecting the required age band when you apply online
The card in this case will be issued only on the date or after your actual birthday. If we are not informed about the age band you wish to use, we will produce a card which displays the age band applicable to you at the time of despatch.