Route 2 referees are professionals, who know you and can confirm your details against their official records held at their place of work.
Use a Route 2 referee if you don't have ready access to ID.
Any person in the permitted list below over 25 and in full time employment can act as a Route 2 referee provided we can contact them on a non-mobile phone at their place of work during office hours at a registered business address.
Referees must not be related to the applicant by birth or marriage neither should they be in a personal relationship together nor live at the same address. They must also not be self employed or work from home/residential address.
Permitted list of referees for the Route 2 process:
- Your Doctor / Dentist / Nurse / Administrator at Your GP / Dental Surgery
- Your Teacher / Tutor / Head of Year / Administrator at Your School / College / University
(do not use during academic holidays as they must be contactable at their place of work)
- Your Social Worker
- Your Certified Solicitor
- A Bank / Building Society staff member at Your branch
- Your Prison or Probation Officer
- If you are employed with any of the above Route 2 referees, they can verify your identity from their personnel records
- If you are employed by a Local Authority, your employer can verify your identity from their personnel records